If you aren’t familiar with Chef Matthew Mytro, do yourself a favor and check out his delicious creations at Boulevard Blue or the highly anticipated (especially by me) Latin restaurant, Paladar, opening next week in Eton. Thanks, chef, for giving us a little insight into your world.
- the top 5 spices that are a must in every kitchen: Pimenton (smoked Paprika), Guajillo Peppers, Cinnamon, Pink Peppercorns, Ginger
- favorite and least favorite food to make: favorite / soups; least favorite / Ramon noodles
- if you could cook for one person, real or dead, who would it be: My Grandfather!
- you’re having a dinner party, top 5 songs on your play list: Tiny Dancer by Elton John, Badfish by Sublime, Riding For a Fall by Horace Andy, Grassroots the Album by 311, Anything by Neil Young
- favorite restaurant in Cleveland: red the steakhouse
- what restaurant do you miss: Mojo’s (me too! me too!)
- favorite thing about Cleveland and what drives you nuts: The people……..The fact that I know Cleveland could be similar to NY and Chicago in terms of culinary, if some of the Cleveland’s non food savey would be more open to trying new techniques and flavor combinations. (I agree – we need less chains)
- most famous person you have cooked for: Barenaked Ladies
- most unusual food you have ever tried: Molecular Gastronomy
- if you weren’t a chef, what would you be doing: Making music, surfing or sailing by myself and traveling to as many places as possible
- Any hidden club, cafe or restaurant that Clevelanders have yet to discover: The Thermador ……..Across from Grovewood Tavern (love Grovewood, not familiar with Thermador but will check it out)
Chef Matthew also just started a T-shirt company geared towards foodies and culinary professionals called Stove monkeys. They start printing next week.