bar cento opening

Bar Cento, Chef Jonathon Sawyer’s new place, opens tomorrow (love the logo). Click here to learn more, including early food reviews.

1. August
    Posted October 16, 2007 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

oooh, i love the logo too. I am desperately wanting to open a restaurant here in Madison. We are seriously lacking in choices for good restaurants. Know anyone who would be interesting in investing in my venture. I’ve got a lot of the details worked out. Just need the money and time. Hahah.

Posted October 16, 2007 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Cool logo but what does the bird signify with cento – doesn’t that have to do with the number 100 or something?

3. Chef Sawyer
    Posted October 18, 2007 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

The bird is our good luck sparrow who visited Cento everyday during construction. When designing the logo we decided to pay tribute to our sparrow friend!

Posted October 18, 2007 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

What a great story, thanks for posting it. Good luck this week –

5. stevetheshoe
    Posted October 30, 2007 at 11:21 am | Permalink

My wife and I had a late lunch/ early dinner at Bar Cento and I must say it is great. As they weren’t busy when we were there we had the opportunity to talk with John and complemented him on the flavorful foods and absolutely great wine list. I can’t recommend the place enough, although I’m sure that it will be more difficult to get in soon.

Posted November 18, 2007 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

I visited Bar Cento over the weekend. Everything I tried was VERY good, the pomme frites were excellent- very crispy and aromatic due to the good amount of fresh rosemary. I also had the antipasto plate and the potato pizza ..all very good. I will definitely be going back again and again and again.

Posted November 19, 2007 at 9:45 am | Permalink

That’s good to hear! I have plans to check it out in the next few weeks, and from everything I have heard thus far, it will be a wonderful meal.