la tortilla feliz to close

Well, another one bites the dust – unfortunately. This is one place I’m sad to see go. I’ve enjoyed many pitchers of sangria (the best in town) and empanadas that are borderline addicting at this little Tremont spot that serves some very tasty South American cuisine.

The last meal will be December 31. If you haven’t been, try and go before they close. The food is really good and very reasonably priced. And I have yet to have a better glass (or pitcher!) of sangria – it’s that good.

1. rockandroller
    Posted November 13, 2007 at 9:29 am | Permalink

That stinks. I hate to see any independents closing up shop. I only went there twice and I just wasn’t wowed enough to be a regular customer there, but I’m sad to hear of this nonetheless, especially since I think they were the only game in town in terms of authentic S. American food, at least that I know of. I wonder what will happen with the space.

2. Alexa
    Posted November 13, 2007 at 11:53 am | Permalink

that is sad, but im honestly not surprised but it. i wasnt wowed on my two visits either…. you have a way better option right around the corner at Lava Lounge…. mm mm mm.

Posted November 13, 2007 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

While I have always enjoyed the food there, I can’t say I’m all that surprised, too. Every time we were there, there wasn’t but a handful of people inside.

4. Kathy
    Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:23 am | Permalink

This is our favorite restaurant in Tremont. It’s sad to see it go.

Kathy Smith

5. Jared B.
    Posted November 17, 2007 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Know of any other places in town to get pupusas?

Posted November 17, 2007 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

I don’t, but will ask around. We’re going to miss those, too.

Posted November 21, 2007 at 9:28 am | Permalink

La Casa Tazumal on W105th off of Lorain is an awesome Salvadoran restaurant that serves authentic and inexpensive pupusas, among other great Salvadoran treats!

Posted November 21, 2007 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

9. Posted November 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

This domain seems to get a good ammount of visitors. How do you promote it? It offers a nice unique twist on things. I guess having something useful or substantial to post about is the most important thing.

10. Posted November 21, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

I attempted to submit a remark before, but it hasn’t shown up. I think the spam filter may be defective?