update: peppermint and pacific east

Peppermint, the sister Thai restaurant to the delicious Mint in Cleveland Heights, is finally open. They are located on Lander Circle near Heinen’s.

The second Pacific East location, located in Eton next to Paladar, is not too far behind. They are waiting for their license and look to be open for business around the 17th.

Looking forward to having both of these places near my home and office. Mint never disappoints for delicious Thai and Pacific East is easily my favorite spot for sushi in town.

1. Grrg
    Posted December 7, 2007 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Will they call it “Pacific East East”?

Posted December 7, 2007 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Ha!

3. rockandroller
    Posted December 7, 2007 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Somebody tell these guys that Cleveland has a west side! :) We desperately need them.

4. foodfan
    Posted December 9, 2007 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for the update. I tried to find Mint’s menu through google and was unsuccessful. Now I can bookmark it, thanks to you. I would love for you to review them.

I tried the place at Shaker Square last week and their sushi was not even close to Pacific East.

5. Eatingcleveland
    Posted December 9, 2007 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

I went to Peppermint yesterday and it was amazing. The service was a bit aloof, but the food was perfect.

Posted December 10, 2007 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Foodfan – do you mean Sasa Matsu? I’m going there with some friends next week to check it out.

Eatingcleveland – glad to hear it was great, thanks for sharing. Hoping to go in the next week or so.

rockandroller – hopefully soon! But you do have some great places that we don’t have. And while it’s not really that close to you, Kimo’s in Ohio City has great sushi.

7. Robert
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Great blog, great information

Xango

8. Jessie
    Posted December 17, 2007 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

well, I am working in Pacific East as cashier. Please Check our new website at http://www.pacificeastcoventry.com to view our menu. Thanks for your support!

9. Raechelle
    Posted January 18, 2008 at 11:53 am | Permalink

I love the new Pepper Mint for Thai, and have been looking forward to Pacific East at Eton since the summer! Wish they’d open soon. Sasa Matsu’s sushi was ok but I would go back to try the hot rock.

Posted January 18, 2008 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Pacific East is now open – and fabulous! Check it out. Yet to go to Sasa Matsu, but I hear it’s so so.

11. Eiran
    Posted February 24, 2008 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

We are huge fans of Mint Cafe, and I especially love their bubble tea. The problem with Peppermint Cafe is that they don’t carry the bubble tea! They keep promising to get it but have yet to do so.