la tortilla feliz to reopen

Well that didn’t take long. It looks like La Tortilla Feliz, the South American restaurant in Tremont that closed this past December, plans to reopen by mid March.

The restaurant will open in the same location but with a new menu, chef and changes to the interior. In an e-mail, management says not to worry though, that the old Tortilla hasn’t disappeared, will just be improved.

I always liked this restaurant so I am happy to hear they will be back. Plus it’s nice to report on a restaurant making a comeback versus the alternative. Hey Battuto, maybe you should reopen too!

1. Heidi
    Posted February 11, 2008 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Great news- thanks!

Posted February 11, 2008 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Hi Michelle, Wow! after months of reading your blog, I just put together who you were. This is Amy (Kraska)Lucky from SHS days. Dan and I are food snobs as well, thanks to his expense account that goes along with being in the wine/beer biz. This is a great blog! It keeps me connected now that we have a daughter and get to go out…never.
    I am happy to hear about Tortilla Feliz. I think about their cherry upside down cake at least once a day.

Posted February 11, 2008 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Ha – my cover is blown :)

Good to hear from you – and congrats on being a new mom! Please tell Dan I said hello.

Thanks for the comments on the blog, it’s been a lot of fun. We’re lucky that we have so many great dining options.

Hopefully the cherry upside down cake will make the cut. Personally, I hope they don’t mess with the sangria and empanadas.

Take care -

4. Christine
    Posted February 12, 2008 at 7:55 am | Permalink

I wish the Clay Oven would come back…sigh….

5. Sarah
    Posted February 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

So happy to hear that La Tortilla Feliz is going to reopen. Thanks for the information!

Posted February 29, 2008 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Hey guys!! We can’t thank you enough for spreading the word of our re-opening and we’re glad to hear that you’re as excited as we are. Don’t worry, the sangria will still be there and look forward to 5 new mojito flavors, including blueberry/jalapeno and pineapple/ginger. Also we’ll be adding a few sandwiches, like our Cuban served with handcut Yucca chips. And one of my fav new appetizers is the Overstuffed Avocados filled with paprika shrimp, mashed avocados and tomato-cilantro relish!!!
    The menu is almost finished and plans are moving right along, so we’ll see you soon!