patio weather is here (plus other updates)

Tis the season to head back outside to eat, and restaurant owners are wasting no time in getting their patios in tip-top shape. Here are a few of the ones that I’ve heard are already open. I’m sure there are others, so please share.

• Momocho. This place boasts a very cute and intimate patio. It’s well covered with lots of greenery and small lights. We had a lot of great evenings on this patio last summer and looking forward to more this year. Also, be sure to check out Momocho for Cinco de Mayo. Can you think of a better place to be?
  • Light Bistro. This place is expanding both up and out. Their newbie patio just opened this week, for both lunch and dinner. And apparently the owners didn’t feel the need to stop there and moved the renovations upstairs with the addition of a second floor dining room. This space will be used for both everyday dining, as well as private parties, including showers and rehearsal dinners. And to top it all off, the chef has added to the happy hour menu. Look for a selection of food items for $5 each (like the pork belly sandwich), beer and wine specials and even bottles of vino for just $10! Happy hour is available Monday – Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
  • Grovewood Tavern. The patio just opened last night – the earliest ever for the owners. And on April 21, Grovewood will play host to Mario Rizzotti, a previous Iron Chef judge, for a balsamic and olive oil tasting dinner.

Of course my favorite patio in town is at Baricelli. I’m actually not sure if it’s open yet, but this is a great place to sit, even if it’s just for some good cheese and wine. Ironically, Baricelli will be hosting a Cinco de Mayo tasting dinner for $35 per person. The prix fixe, 3-course dinner will feature their take on Mexican classics, with your choice of three starters, entrees and desserts, plus margaritas and sangria, and single-barrel tequilas. While this sounds interesting, I still think Momocho is the place to be for an authentic celebration.

1. Beth
    Posted April 17, 2008 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Players on the corner of Madison and Belle in Lakewood has a great little patio!

Posted April 17, 2008 at 9:53 am | Permalink

And great food!

3. maureen
    Posted April 17, 2008 at 10:35 am | Permalink

I’ve been wondering about Players and whether or not I should stop in since it’s right down the street. I’ll have to try it out.

4. Sourire11
    Posted April 17, 2008 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the info on the patios! We’re going out to dinner for my birthday tonight and I was literally just thinking we should go somewhere and eat outside since it’s so beautiful out.

Posted April 18, 2008 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Wine Bar in Rocky River has the patio open…it is lovely – crowded though…and the food is SO good!

-Hayley

Posted April 19, 2008 at 9:57 am | Permalink

I heard Southside in Tremont has the patio rolling. Matt

7. Amy
    Posted April 19, 2008 at 11:00 am | Permalink

I spent my Friday evening on the patio of La Tortila Feliz!! It was so nice and the mojitos were exceptionally good!! Oh, how I love Cleveland in the spring/summertime!

Posted April 20, 2008 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love the patio at SOuthside, one of the best in town. I also heard the patio at 806 is open, too. Ok, I have a lot of favorites b/c that one is on the list, too. You can’t beat a glass of wine and that fireplace… it’s like you are on vacation.

A lot of good time on that patio at La Tortilla Feliz. I haven’t been back since the reopen, but plan to soon.

I think in general most patios are open now. I heard Crop as well as most of the other ones in the Warehouse District are open. And someone just told me that that 87 West, both locations, are open as well.

Posted April 20, 2008 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

we had dinner tonight at crop and it was great. the patio was set up and a little chilly to sit on. Matt