speaking of nobu…

A little piece of Nobu is coming to Cleveland. Actually, it’s been here for awhile now, but he’s yet to showcase those mad sushi skills for all of us Nobu worshipers.

Dante Boccuzzi, who not only worked as Robert DeNiro’s personal chef (DeNiro is part owner of Nobu), but served as executive chef and helped to open the Milan Nobu. He’s now bringing his sushi know how, in combination with his passion for music, to the restaurant.

You can try the sushi and other Japanese treats for yourself in the lounge every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. while listening to live blues. Current items on the menu include a variety rolls and hand rolls, such as yellow tail and scallion, spicy crunchy tuna, California sunshine, yuza crab tempura, bbq eel and avocado, three styles of salmon, tempura tofu and vegetables and The Zeppelin, a nice nod to his rock obsession. Also offered is a variety of sashimi, Japanese beer, sake and other specialties, like spicy scallop chips, roasted yellow tail collar and miso and sesame glazed eggplant.

Now he just needs to add that signature black miso cod and sashimi salad with Matsuhisa dressing and I’ll be the happiest person in town.

Posted April 11, 2008 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Hi! I called to check – the sushi is only served on Thursday nights, not on Fridays (yet). I am looking forward to trying it.

BethG

Posted April 11, 2008 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Right, I knew that – total typo on my part. I meant to type Thursday but instead Friday came out because, well, it’s Friday and I’m thinking about the weekend!

Posted April 12, 2008 at 3:11 am | Permalink

pacific east chef is from nobu

Posted April 12, 2008 at 8:24 am | Permalink

No wonder I like their sushi so much! My favorite in town.

Posted April 13, 2008 at 3:28 am | Permalink

Pacific East is by far the best sushi i have had anywhere

6. @Cleveland222
    Posted April 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Nice write-up. If they would add the warm mushroom salad I might have to go once a week. Pacific East is by far the best Sushi in Cleveland (Coventry location is tops IMO). Though Nobu is above all else. A Cleveland Nobu would round out our amazing foodie city pretty well. Just sayin.