coming soon

I ran up to Miles Market yesterday to pick up a peach pie to bring to our friend’s house last night, when I noticed two new restaurants coming soon to the new shopping plaza next to the market: Shinano and Viet Pho.

I had heard several months ago that Shinano was closing its place in Richmond. Granted it has been several years since I have been there, but I remember them having pretty good sushi. As for the Vietnamese restaurant, I don’t know anything about it except that the sign reads: authentic Vietnamese cuisine coming soon.

All I know is that with our new addition to the family due this December, I am very excited that two more (non-chain) restaurants are opening within a stone’s throw to our home.

Posted June 9, 2008 at 10:11 am | Permalink

I had heard that Shinano was looking at the Shoppes of Solon, so it is good to hear that the plans have gone thru. I used to pick up their sushi most Sundays, when they were in Richmond Hts. I hope they do well in their new home. Thanks for the info.

Posted June 9, 2008 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

Just started reading your blog this year (and as i am a new mom, haven’t had time to go through ALL the old posts),but am wondering about the info you gave us in the last paragraph . Are you too going to be a new mom? If so, congrats – and tho our little one has cramped our dining out style, it hasn’t hurt our eating – we just order it in now!!! And my son already loves curries, pho & anything from the sawyer/symon clan… Keep us posted. I’ll be interested to see how hormones affect your palate…

3. lifeinrecipes
    Posted June 10, 2008 at 7:08 am | Permalink

I was just lamenting the lack of a Vietnamese joint in our area. Very exciting. Now I won’t need to drag myself downtown on Sunday for a restorative bowl of pho – my favorite remedy for an aching “weekend” head.

Posted June 10, 2008 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Yep, you guessed it – I’m going to be a new mom soon, too. I’m pregnant with our first and due in December. This is why I haven’t had too many new restaurant posts lately, but I’m feeling much better now and ready to eat :) I’ll probably write a post soon about how my tastebuds have sightly changed, etc.

5. Amy
    Posted June 15, 2008 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on your new addition. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Posted April 7, 2009 at 10:17 am | Permalink

WHHHYYYY NOOOOO VIET PHOOOOOOO! I was SO looking forward to having a Pho place near my work in Highland Hills.

Posted April 8, 2009 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Sorry, anonymous, I had the same reaction. The owner just felt it was the right thing to do in this economy.