felice urban cafe

For my latest Metromix review, I visited Felice Urban Cafe, the fairly new restaurant right around the corner from Shaker Square on Larchmere. The chef, Ricardo Sandoval, is the same guy behind Lava Lounge and Fat Cats.

If anything, this place is worth checking out for the atmosphere alone. The old Craftsman-style house is quite homey yet stunning. And if you do go, make sure it’s on a Wednesday. For $22, you get your choice of any appetizer, entree and dessert. Not a bad deal at all.

While I wouldn’t say Felice offers the best food in town, we did enjoy our meal, loved the space itself and therefore, would go back (on a Wednesday).

You can read more here.

Posted October 23, 2008 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

WE did not love this place. We would not return. The protions were very small. There is a $2.50 charge for a drink on the rocks. Rocks $2.50 give me a break a bag of ice is not even that high. And if you want bread its $1.50 for regular or $3.00 we were told for special. If the food and charges don’t improve this place will not make it.

Posted October 27, 2008 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Hi – can’t speak to the drink but I totally agree with you on the bread. In fact, I mentioned that in my write-up. I couldn’t believe I didn’t get any bread to soak up the sauce of the mussels – that’s just not right. But while I don’t think Felice offers the best food in town, we did enjoy what we had and really loved the atmosphere.

Posted April 22, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

i really liked felice i thought the food was excellent and presented beautifully.. and the comment i read earlier about the rocks charge, the $2.50 is because when you order a drink on the rocks it is all liquor, no wash, hence a higher price tag. i would definitely recommend this place

Posted May 4, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

We had a very good meal in very pleasant surroundings. Excellent unusual appetizers. The Spanish chicken thighs has a crisp skin and moist interior and excellently spiced. My wife enjoyed the more traditional bbq ribs. Reasonably priced. Nice wine choices.

Posted June 7, 2009 at 10:49 am | Permalink

On the rocks is a term to a bartender for an increase pour of liquor. I bartend in the city, and this is done in all lounges, bars and restaurants.
    your reader needs to take his or her training wheels off before going to dinner. Also, the new restaurant(the greenhouse on east 4th) charges for bread. Please, does anybody understand economics?

Posted June 7, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Actually, Greenhouse DOES offer free bread. There is an additional bread that's kinda like an upgrade that is an additional cost but veeryone does get bread with a pretty tasty spread.

7. Posted March 28, 2010 at 10:27 am | Permalink

I personally love Felice – I had vegetarian lasagna with a poached egg on top and it was great. Bread is the last thing on my mind when I’m trying a new restaurant so I don’t really care about it – I think that people have just gotten used to freebies at restaurants in the U.S.