superior pho

I’ve enjoyed Vietnamese food on several occasions, but never from Superior Pho. For my recent Metromix write-up, I was lucky enough to finally try this fan favorite among Celevelanders, including Michael Symon (thanks again, Michael, for the menu suggestions).

A couple things stood out immediately about this place. First, it can be a bit tricky to find. Second, it’s small – and bare. This place is clearly about the food and nothing else. Finally, I was immediately smitten by the owner, who was so genuinely friendly and down right giddy to offer up all sorts of suggestions, none of which were the least bit disappointing.

It didn’t take us long to realize why so many people hold Superior Pho in such high regard. Between the incredible balance of flavors and unbelievably low prices, this place will surely be tops on our comfort food cravings list.

You can find the write-up I did here.

1. Stuart
    Posted October 22, 2008 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

My favorite item on the menu is the banh mi. They don’t make the bread and it’s not a rice flour baguette but they do make the pate that goes inside. I’ve never had a banh mi that I didn’t like but this one may be the best.

2. Liz
    Posted October 22, 2008 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

My family just moved from Cleveland this past summer and it’s the only place that I recommend to people who visit Cleveland! That was the one restaurant we frequented more often than any other during the years we lived in Cleveland. Great to see SP getting props from others!

3. DMcGannon
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Michelle,
    How does Superior Pho compare to #1 Pho?

4. Simone
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I agree Superior Pho is absolutely delicious. I have been going there for quite some time now, and it is always fabulous. Thanks!

Posted October 24, 2008 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Superior Pho is better than #1 Pho!

#1 has nice windows and very nice tablecloths, but I’ll take the perfect bowl of Pho at ridiculous prices any day. A week without Manh’s brisket is a bad week. Superior Pho is the real deal!

6. Hubajube
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Anonymous is completely right. #1 is not #1.