indie’s

This guest post is from my friend, Christina. Not only does Christina love to eat, she’s also quite the traveler and eBay queen. You can read more about her on her blog, Postcards from Christina, or check out some of the restaurants she has reviewed in Cleveland Heights for the Heights Observer.

Cold weather and Indian food go together like peas and carrots. I work downtown, and the more the snow accumulates in the weather, the stronger my craving for Indian food from Indie’s.

Located in the Old Arcade on the south side of Euclid near E. 4th, a co-worker introduced me to Indie’s about two years ago when it was just a small stall. It’s since expanded to two side-by-side stalls and is run by a husband and wife team of Indian descent.

The food is fantastic. I’ve tried the chicken tikka marsala, the chicken makhani and other dishes, but usually gravitate toward the chicken korma, which has chunks of tender chicken bathed in a warm, creamy gravy sauce with onions and served over rice. You can score a dish and two pieces of naan for less than $6.

There are tables to eat lunch and read the paper by your lonesome or with a friend. A couple of our Indian friends swear this spot is the best place for authentic Indian food in Cleveland.

When I’m on the East side, I usually head to CafĂ© Tandoor for some saffron rice, paneer makhani and matar paneer. Also delish.

1. IDigSmartLadies
    Posted December 19, 2008 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Any time we go to the Arcade for lunch, I always go to Indie’s. When you tell them you want spicy, they give you just that–This coming from someone who digs the habanero.

2. Christina K
    Posted December 19, 2008 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

There’s nothing better to clear the sinuses than a hot, hot Indian meal.

Posted December 20, 2008 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Cleveland needs more Indian restaurants. I live in Brecksville and the closest are either Saffron Patch in Akron or Jaipur Junction in N. Royalton, neither convenient. I work downtown as well, but haven’t been to Indie’s yet. I’ll have to check it out when the weather gets better.

4. Chuck
    Posted December 27, 2008 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Nice post! I haven’t been here yet but i’ll try it out.

5. Jessica
    Posted June 16, 2011 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Indies is the best! I highly recommend the Chicken Vindaloo…it is nothing short of amazing.

6. Posted June 23, 2014 at 1:44 am | Permalink

Definitely imagine that that you said. Your favorite
    reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to remember of.
    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while other people consider issues that they plainly don’t recognise about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also
    defined out the entire thing with no need side effect , folks can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks