restaurant news / updated

Here’s a rundown of various restaurant events and food-related items that have been sent my way:

Fire / Daily complimentary valet service now available. In addition, the spring dinner menu begins April 28. Also on the 28th, Fire will be serving house made hors d’oeuvres and cocktails featuring house made syrups at the bar from 4:30 p.m. -6:30 p.m. daily.

Umami Asian Kitchen / Now open for lunch.

Sarava / Summer hours resume Sunday April 19th (open every Sunday 5-9 p.m.). From Sunday April 19th through Sunday May 3rd, stop in for free dessert with a $20 purchase. Also, RIO rewards members get $10 off their check over $25 this month. If you aren’t a member, you can join on their site and earn points from both Sarava and Sergio’s.

Cuffs Chagrin Falls / Wine tasting, April 16, $25 pp. Brian Lynch of Wilson and Daniels (burgandy portfolio)

Lucky’s Cafe / Saturday dinner on April 18 featuring a four-course menu of Italian classics, like gnocci, risotto, pappardelle and eggplant parmesan. $35 pp with a portion benefiting the Red Cross.

– Happy hour @ L’Albatros. Mon – Sat , 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., enjoy $5 appetizers and $7 drinks (small plates like fried cauliflower, pome frittes, goat cheese tart, burger, mussels). I continue to be impressed by this restaurant and am really looking forward to the opening of their patio, one of the best in town.

Ty Fun / 20% off your bill on Mondays

– Wine classes @ Blue Canyon. Beginning April 16 and lasting weekly until May 7, learn more about wine and sample some good food in a series of wine education classes. Each class offers 5 – 6 varieties plus food pairings. Cost is $30 per class or $99 for all four. Space is limited to 30 per class.

A Cookie & a Cupcake is working on adding a patio that will be ready as soon as the weather cooperates.

Grovewood Tavern celebrates 10 years of business with 10 entrees priced $19.99.

Momocho / Spring menu changes should be in effect by end of April. Grilled corn on the cob will return plus the addition of soft shell crabs, plancha style (cooked on a griddle with a weighted press) and new taquitos. And of course, Momocho will have specials for Cinco de Mayo starting at 3 p.m.

– Openings / Jekyll’s (former Blake’s) in Chagrin Falls in now open. And the one I personally can’t wait for, The Greenhouse Tavern finally opens this Tuesday! Also, a very big congratulations to the team at GHT for becoming Ohio’s first certified green restaurant – that’s huge!

Finally, I went to the store today to pick up a few things for my Easter dinner contribution (cauliflower risotto with brie and almonds). While in line, I picked up a copy of Bon Appetit since I let my subscription lapse. Tucked between the pages of tempting recipes that I will someday attempt, is a coast-to-coast guide on the recipes and restaurants that make the U.S. the best place to eat in the world, titled The United Plates of America. Representing Ohio, is the walleye with herb dumpling at Lola and blueberry ale from Rocky River Brewing Company. More national ink for Cleveland – congratulations!

1. Haley
    Posted April 15, 2009 at 11:31 am | Permalink

I have a question – where do you recommend for Sunday brunch? Preferrably somewhere with a buffet – all you can eat kind of thing. Thanks!

Posted April 15, 2009 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Hi,

Typically, I don’t care for buffets. I’ve just never been impressed or had a good experience. Not to say that there aren’t good ones, that’s just been my experience. But, I do believe Chop House and Blue Canyon both have Sunday brunch/buffet. If you want something differemt, I like Touch Supper Club and Fire for brunch. Touch is more causal and affordable, Fire is a step up. Lucky’s is still a personal fav for Sunday brunch, but it’s super casual, no rezzies and limited menu. I hope that helps!

3. Haley
    Posted April 15, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much! I think Touch looks perfect!

Posted April 16, 2009 at 8:30 am | Permalink

You will love Touch! The French Toast is wonderful – and the mimosas!

5. Kelly and José
    Posted April 17, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

My friends and I coincidentally had made reservations at Ty Fun this past Monday, before heading there I read this post and was pleasantly surprised about the 20% discount :)

Needless to say, the dinner was wonderful (as was the minimal “damage”)!

-Kelly

6. Posted October 14, 2014 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

They must tell the tow company why the car
    is being towed. Forde and Gaxiola will be tried together in January of 2011, if all goes according to Hoyle.
    “Seaside Heights residents will be able to retrieve their vehicles or remove personal items from their vehicles from inside the APK Auto Repair and Towing impound lots on Monday, November 26, between 9 a.

7. Posted December 15, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Therefore it is advisable to work on your back pain much in advance in order to get
    healthy as soon as possible. Provide a pain management program that includes physical and psychological help.

At worst, this could throw your muscles into a bad spasm.

8. Posted December 17, 2014 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

You can either shop online or offline for products
    like contact lens solution or frames for your glasses.
    We should also look away periodically from our computer screen during long working
    hours. The optometrists have excelled in providing the home based
    treatment of eye and hearing dilemma.