Here’s a rundown of various restaurant events and food-related items that have been sent my way:
– Fire / Daily complimentary valet service now available. In addition, the spring dinner menu begins April 28. Also on the 28th, Fire will be serving house made hors d’oeuvres and cocktails featuring house made syrups at the bar from 4:30 p.m. -6:30 p.m. daily.
– Umami Asian Kitchen / Now open for lunch.
– Sarava / Summer hours resume Sunday April 19th (open every Sunday 5-9 p.m.). From Sunday April 19th through Sunday May 3rd, stop in for free dessert with a $20 purchase. Also, RIO rewards members get $10 off their check over $25 this month. If you aren’t a member, you can join on their site and earn points from both Sarava and Sergio’s.
– Cuffs Chagrin Falls / Wine tasting, April 16, $25 pp. Brian Lynch of Wilson and Daniels (burgandy portfolio)
– Lucky’s Cafe / Saturday dinner on April 18 featuring a four-course menu of Italian classics, like gnocci, risotto, pappardelle and eggplant parmesan. $35 pp with a portion benefiting the Red Cross.
– Happy hour @ L’Albatros. Mon – Sat , 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., enjoy $5 appetizers and $7 drinks (small plates like fried cauliflower, pome frittes, goat cheese tart, burger, mussels). I continue to be impressed by this restaurant and am really looking forward to the opening of their patio, one of the best in town.
– Ty Fun / 20% off your bill on Mondays
– Wine classes @ Blue Canyon. Beginning April 16 and lasting weekly until May 7, learn more about wine and sample some good food in a series of wine education classes. Each class offers 5 – 6 varieties plus food pairings. Cost is $30 per class or $99 for all four. Space is limited to 30 per class.
– A Cookie & a Cupcake is working on adding a patio that will be ready as soon as the weather cooperates.
– Grovewood Tavern celebrates 10 years of business with 10 entrees priced $19.99.
– Momocho / Spring menu changes should be in effect by end of April. Grilled corn on the cob will return plus the addition of soft shell crabs, plancha style (cooked on a griddle with a weighted press) and new taquitos. And of course, Momocho will have specials for Cinco de Mayo starting at 3 p.m.
– Openings / Jekyll’s (former Blake’s) in Chagrin Falls in now open. And the one I personally can’t wait for, The Greenhouse Tavern finally opens this Tuesday! Also, a very big congratulations to the team at GHT for becoming Ohio’s first certified green restaurant – that’s huge!
Finally, I went to the store today to pick up a few things for my Easter dinner contribution (cauliflower risotto with brie and almonds). While in line, I picked up a copy of Bon Appetit since I let my subscription lapse. Tucked between the pages of tempting recipes that I will someday attempt, is a coast-to-coast guide on the recipes and restaurants that make the U.S. the best place to eat in the world, titled The United Plates of America. Representing Ohio, is the walleye with herb dumpling at Lola and blueberry ale from Rocky River Brewing Company. More national ink for Cleveland – congratulations!