the cleveland foodie guide to twitter

I joined Twitter in 07 primarily for the same reason I launched this blog, so I could be better at my job. I admit when I first joined, I had to force myself to tweet and I really didn’t get much out of it. In fact, I stopped for awhile altogether. Now, I’m all about the tweet. As a news junkie, there’s nothing like it. It’s also great to keep tabs on my industry for continued learning, to find/meet people with similiar interests and of course, for food and happenings around town.

If you enjoy food, and like to keep tabs on what’s happening in Cleveland, Twitter is a wonderful resource. Here’s a list of those you may want to consider following.  Some tweet often, others not so much. And some share specials only found on Twitter. This is not a complete list by any means and I’ll continue to add to as I discover new ones to follow. By the way, you can follow me @MichelleV.

Chefs & Restaurants: Michael Symon, Jonathon Sawyer, Sergio Abramof, Lucky’s Cafe, Matthew Mathlage, Vine & Bean, Michael Herschman, Sasa, Bistro Ingognito, Brandt Evans

Places, Stores, Etc.: Cedar Lee, Cleveland Botanical Gardens, City Buddah, Room Services, University Circle, Dean Supply, Rock Hall, Cleveland Museaum of Art, Metroparks,  Zoo

Cool Cleveland: CLEKids, Downtown Cleveland, Cleveland Ideas, Cleveland+, Cleveland Food Rocks, WCPN, flee2thecleve, Positively Cleveland

Farmers, Grocer, Purveyors, other: Heinen’s, Fresh Fork Market, Jeni’s Ice Creams, On The Rise Artisan Breads, North Union Farmers Market, Culinary Vegetable Institute, Lilly Handmade Chocolates,

Foodies & Food Bloggers: Stove with a House, Joe harvey, Heidi Robb, Amelia Sawyer, Eating Cleveland, Michael Ruhlman

1. Posted August 10, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I’m a Cleveland food blogger and I tweet (@stu_spivack).

Also, I cobbled together a retweeting robot to help announce restaurant specials (@clevespecials). If you use the hashtag #clevelandspecials, the robot will retweet you. That way people can follow the robot to be notified rather than having to remember to search for the hashtag.

2. Michelle V
    Posted August 10, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Hmmm, Not sure how I feel about the RT robot. Probably for the same reason I don’t like when I follow someone and I get an automated message (I automatically stop following them when I receive that). This to me seems to defeat the purpose and beauty of social media.

3. Posted August 12, 2009 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Where is there a good lunch spot near the cle airport? Flying out Friday and looking for good eats.

4. Daune
    Posted August 12, 2009 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the list! I’ve been tweeting a while, but I missed a few of these places/people, when I was setting up my following group.

Love the look of your blog. It’s so clean.

Interested to hear what you have to say about Luxe. Joe Crea just wrote about the W. 65th/Detroit area, and we’re going to Stone Mad Monday.

Twitter: DauneRobinson

5. Michelle V
    Posted August 12, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Lannae – How close to the airport do you need to be?

Daune – Love Luxe! I’ve posted about it a few times. In fact, just ate there last night on the patio and had a great time!

6. Posted August 13, 2009 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Rocky River and Lakewood areas would be good:)

7. brendamod
    Posted August 14, 2009 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Jeni’s should come to Cleveland Heights!

8. Posted September 14, 2014 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

It’s an amazing paragraph in favor of all thee internet people; they
    will get benefit from it I am sure.