b spot news

Come mid November, looks like all the baby weight I lost is about to pack itself right back on – and then some. Because that’s when Michael Symon’s newest eatery will open and it’s not a salad and smoothie kinda place.

While working on a piece for Cleveland Magazine about another topic, I had a quick chat with Symon this morning (hello giddiness) and took the opportunity to ask him about B Spot. He shared that they plan to open in mid November and offer 10 burgers, 20 beers, brats and basically, as he put it, a lot of beef.

The themed burgers, as he described them, will be meat on meat with toppings like bacon, fried bologna, Philly cheese steak (yes please),  pastrami and corned beef. He said it’s ridiculous how good these burgers are.

I’m just glad that both my house and office are all within two miles of the restaurant. This way I can pull a Costanza and grab a quick nap after what’s sure to be many lunches here.

Since I had him on the phone, I took a minute to tell him personally just how impressed we were with Bar Symon – both the food and incredibly reasonable prices (read more here). He shared that one of his favorite things about Bar Symon is that he can dress how he likes to at one of his restaurants and fit right in – in concert tees and jeans (followed up with his trademark laugh).

Everyday should start with a call from Michael Symon.

1. Posted September 22, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the update!

2. Steve Shoemaker
    Posted September 22, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

We haven’t been to Bar Symon yet but look forward to it. We did go to Roast when we were in Detroit for Labor Day, and it is fantastic. The B Spot will be closer to where we live in the Heights, so I sure we will get there shortly after they open. Burgers and Beer, what could be better?

3. Posted September 22, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

How awesome is that. I love burgers! I love it when meat is topped with meat.

4. Posted September 22, 2009 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

We did Bar Symon for our anniversary a few weeks back and were incredibly impressed with the quality of the food, the fantabulous beer selection and the very reasonable bill at the end of dinner. It looks like it might be ordinary when you first glance at the menu (I mean, cmon! Burgers and Mac N Cheese?), but the details and special touches in each dish make them outstanding.

5. Traci
    Posted September 22, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the update…..I cannot wait to come “home” for the holidays to check out at least 1 or 2 of Symon’s restaurants and possibly GHT! Yum…….

We just moved from CA to TN and now we are much closer to C-Town!

6. Posted September 23, 2009 at 9:50 am | Permalink

This may be motivation to now walk instead of drive to Eton. Can’t wait.

7. Jim
    Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Where will B Spot be exactly? Presumably there’s been a location picked out already. I’ve seen many hints here about its general location (“east side”, “two miles”, etc.), but nothing terribly specific, for instance, which town it will be in.

Thanks.

8. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

It will be located in Eton Collection off Chagrin Blvd, where Stone Cold Creamery was.

9. Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:45 am | Permalink

I can’t wait for that to open by us! Yay! I still need to get myself over to Bar Symon and take my parents out to dinner. They are HUGE fans of Lolita and my dad tries to imitate the stuffed peppers.

10. Posted September 24, 2009 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

I’ve been excited for the opening of b spot. Finally, a Michael Symon restaurant on the east side. Meat on meat and beer? Count me in!