Here we go Brownies, here we go.
I am a big Browns fan. Huge. What Clevelander isn’t, right? I grew up a tom boy and followed football and this team for as long as I can remember (and pretended to be Bernie Kosar in my neighborhood after school football games growing up).
We love and passionately root for all our sports teams here, but let’s face it – this is Browns town. And in the past decade especially, this die hard football town has happily become overrun by foodies galore with new places eagerly willing to feed us every day. So when the two collide, look out. And throw in an incredibly worthy cause and you have all the makings of a great event.
The 12th annual Cleveland Foodbank Taste of the Browns takes place on Monday, Sept. 13 at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Attendees will mix and mingle with current and former Cleveland Browns players, while 25 independent restaurants share some of their favorite dishes. Food and football aside, the underlying cause of this event is even more important – raising valuable dollars for the Cleveland Foodbank, which provides food to more than 600 hunger programs in six counties. Last year’s event raised $117,000, which translates to almost half a million meals.
Did you know that for ever $1 raised, no matter the method, the Cleveland Foodbank can provide enough food for four nutritious meals? Tickets are $150 (all proceeds benefit the Foodbank and the fight against hunger). That’s 604 meals you just provided.
Participating chefs and restaurants this year include:
- Crop / balsamic and buffalo popcorn
- Downtown 140 / Phyllo springroll with forest mushrooms, asparagus and goat cheese fondue.
- Fahrenheit (Rocco Whalen is incredibly involved with this event, locally and nationally, and is even featured in the Taste of the NFL’s cookbook)
- Lago / veal tortellini and lobster gnocchi
- Light Bisto / House made chicken confit with herb polenta and Lake Erie Creamery goat cheese
- Lucky’s cafe /bacon mac-and-cheese
- Momocho / Adobo braised wild boar tacos with pickled jalapeno mustard
- Three Birds
- Parallax, L’Albatros, Table 45 and Chinato
Hungry? You can buy tickets here. I also have a pair to giveaway. If you’d like a chance to win them, just leave a comment to this post with your guess for the Browns’ record this year and what year you think they will make it to the Superbowl. And they will make it.
I will pick a winner via random.org on Friday, 9/27 by noon. By the way, 10-6 and 2013.