Celebrating its 19th anniversary, Vintage Ohio is the most acclaimed summer wine and food festival between the Appalachians and Rockies. Annually, over 30,000 wine and food lovers travel to the beautiful grounds of the Lake Metroparks Farmpark in Kirtland to taste exceptional regional wines, sample tasty cuisine and enjoy live music.
This year, twenty wineries will be on-hand to help take the mystery out of wine appreciation. Sophisticated wines like Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc or Riesling will interest connoisseurs, plus fun-to-drink fruit wines made from fresh strawberries, blackberries, peaches and raspberries will appeal to those new to the wine experience. Attendees may also learn more about wine at the wine education demonstrations presented by the American Wine Society.
What else can you expect?
- Vintage Ohio will feature the “Meet the Winemaker Experience”, where for a small additional fee of $15, festival visitors will be able to talk directly with the winemakers, sample 10 premium wines and receive a plate of light appetizers in an exclusive area
- Three stages of live music
- Crafters and artists selling clothing, hats, jewelry, vases, glass works, wine glass holders and more
- Garden and vineyard tours are available at the Plant Science Center on the festival grounds
- Fireworks on Friday night
And let’s not forget the food. Back by popular demand, the food trucks are rollin’ in once again. The line-up includes: Umami Moto, Zydeco Bistro and Vintage newbie, The Orange Trük.
Here’s an early look at the menu:
- Seared yellowfin tuna tacos
- Pork potstickers
- California wrap
- Curried shrimp skewers served over steamed rice
- Sesame noodle owl
Look for Umami Moto to be launching some fun, off the grid dinners this year in fun and unusual settings. Details to be announced soon!
- Creole jambalaya, boneless chicken, smoked sausage, tomato & dirty rice
- Crispy gulf shrimp dinner, hush puppies, citrus slaw & bistro sauce
- Hush puppies, bistro sauce
- Summer blue crab salad, heirloom tomato, corn maque choux, vegetable jardiniere, greens & citrus vinaigrette
- Local vegetable ratatouille
John Schulze, owner/chef, has signed on to work as the chef for the future Bourbon Street Barrel Room. It will open late this year or early next year. He’s eager to really tap into his passion for Cajun and creole culture and cuisine.
The Orange Trük
- They are still fleshing out their menu, but expect it to highlight the best of seasonal and local ingredients
Once again, Cleveland Foodie readers can enjoy a special discount to Vintage Ohio. Just use #13FOOD to receive $10 off the gate price (in other words – $20 tickets!).
Vintage Ohio is held August 2-3, 2013 from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. each day at Lake Metroparks Farmpark. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the gate. Ticket includes entry to the festival, a souvenir wine glass and 25 wine sampling tickets. Advance tickets are available online here or by calling 800-227-6972. Two-day taster tickets are available for $45. Groups of 10 or more, purchased in advance with one method of payment, are $20 each. Meet the Winemaker VIP tickets are an additional $15. Foodie and designated driver tickets are $12 and include admission to the festival and up to 5 non-alcoholic beverages. Children age 4-17 are $3. Children three and under are free. Vintage Ohio is held in conjunction with Lake Metroparks.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Vintage Ohio.