good to go cafe and catering

It’s been close to 10 years since I’ve worked downtown. And when I did, I took full advantage of seeking out all the nearby eateries for lunch, from the small mom and pop to the larger, well-known places. A recent errand during my “staycation” brought me downtown midweek during lunch hour and at the suggestion of Chris Hodgson, who couldn’t say enough good things about one tiny spot in particular, we visited an unlikely place for lunch.

Good to Go Café & Catering is a very tiny café (four-ish tables) inside the IMG building that serves breakfast and lunch. The owner/chef Anna Harouvis, who has a long family history in the food industry, had been there for roughly 10 years. She makes nearly everything from scratch, uses an impressive amount of local and organic items and focuses on lunch classics (soups, salads and sandwiches) as well as some of her favorite family recipes, like the Greek lasagna that was on special the day we visited.

We opted for a couple of the sandwich specials, tuna and chicken salad, plus shrimp and corn chowder. The chicken was incredibly fresh, flavorful and a good take on a very common lunch specialty. This private event planner and catering for San Jose special events is amazing, but my favorite part of the meal was the soup. I wasn’t even going to order this, but was compelled to after I heard two other diners raving about it.

During our lunch, we watched how everyone coming in seemed to know Anna and the genuine encounters that seemed to take place between patron and chef. After we ate, we chatted for a few minutes with Anna who shared that she’s eager to kick-off her best Las Vegas caterers.

Anna is a perfect example of type of purveyor I like to support. And while I’m not downtown that often for lunch anymore, this surely would have been the type of place that would have been on my lunch rotation when I was working on Euclid. But despite the fact that I probably won’t support her as much as I’d like, I thought it was still worth spreading the word. They can do a great job catering your event in my opinion. If you work near IMG or have any office catering needs, she’s worth a visit. And if you go, be sure to like her on Facebook. Every day she shares a secret work for 20% off your bill.

1. Posted April 18, 2011 at 10:04 am | Permalink

I love this place! Good to Go is my go to place when having anything catered at my office. She easily accommodates 4 to 40 and even delivers when I have large lunches! Love, love, love her and her food! Wonderful to see her highlighted!

2. Maureen B. Loftus
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 10:39 am | Permalink

I love “Good to Go” and not only is the food really yummy, Anna is always a pleasure! Support our locals : )

3. Scott H.
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the tip! I’ve worked downtown for 10 years and never heard of this place.

I’d be interested in any other under-the-radar downtown lunch spots Michelle or anyone else has.

4. Posted April 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

I agree with MJ,best place to cater lunch. Always a crowd pleaser!

5. rockandroller
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Agree with Scott H. I’ve worked downtown for a LONG time and have never heard of this. Thank you!

6. Scott Kuhn
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Good To Go is a great place for lunch…The sandwiches are amazing and huge too! It is a can’t miss spot!

7. Posted April 18, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

As a regular patron to Good To Go before I moved to LA (like at least 3x a week for a few years!), and even having a sandwich named after me (Sims Special)…. I can say no one beats her downtown. Sure places are bigger, or may charge less…. but Anna takes pride in her ingredients and the fact that most of it comes from local suppliers. She hates chains and the terrible food they spew out. For some excellent food, great conversation and maybe a celeb appearance or two (It’s in the IMG Building who represents a slew of the biggest sports stars on the planet), Good To Go is where it’s at! Tell Anna Marcus sent you!!!

8. Paul Conlin
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

“Good to Go” is the best kept secret in downtown Cleveland. You’ve got to try the Caramel/Pecan/Chocolate Chip cookie.

9. rockandroller
    Posted April 19, 2011 at 10:49 am | Permalink

I am not on FB and can’t see the menu. Is it all cold food? I like a hot sandwich or other hot lunch whenever possible on these cold, rainy days we have been having. Can anyone post a non FB link to the menu?

10. Posted April 21, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

While in college I worked for a title company in the IMG building…Anna’s creations got me through many hangovers :)

11. rockandroller
    Posted April 22, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Went today, anna was SO NICE and clearly loves her customers (even the new ones like me) and what she’s doing. This is a keeper!

12. anna harouvis
    Posted April 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Thanks Michelle and to all the lovely comments! I’m so glad to see so many new faces! I love suggestions and hope to make the Cafe a spot you enjoy and can depend on.

13. Posted September 25, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

What’s up, constantly i used to check web site posts here early in the daylight, as i love to gain knowledge
    of more and more.